LivEcoFriendly

Monday, May 30, 2011

What Solar Power Kits To Consider?

Do you remember when your camping and the power on the electronics goes out, and you are just wishing you had portable power for camping? It is a real issue no matter if your one of those campers who doesn’t believe in having mobile devices in the wilderness or not. The reason for this is that emergencies can happen at anytime and knowing this before being prepared is just as foolish as not taking certain medicines with food even though you know you should. Campers from all over the world are becoming more interested in what portable solar power systems are actually available to use when their camping. In this article, I will cover some of the best solar power kits camping and outdoor adventurers love.

The first solar item I will discuss for those who need portable power for camping is the Sherpa 120 Explorer Kit. This solar kit is more than enough power for camping groups of 3 or more unless you plan on being on a laptop for the majority of the day. It is perfect for small to med families because you can charge all of your mobile devices, your laptops and you will even have power for a hotplate if you don’t want to start a fire. The Sherpa 120 comes with a 27watt foldable solar panel, 120 battery pack and an inverter. This is quite excellent if you think long term and convenience. Most people forget that when you purchase solar power that you can use it over and over it and also for other things like emergencies at home for example power outages. As for as convenience, you can put these items into a duffel bag or backpack, no problem and go. And the way this solar power kit is set up, you can easily plug in play and not worry about those extra wires and terminals and car batteries. It is honestly a headache if you thought about it long term, plus you really can’t afford to leave to those dangling wires in the rain because they will short circuit much quicker and then you are out of luck. Also, trying try and get the right solar panel that is durable and you will soon realize what I had to realize about raw solar panels. They suck when trying to do adventures and exciting outdoor trips. I could go on but I know you want me to go to the next solar kit.

The next portable power kit for campers is the pocket solar charger. When I saw this, the price alone just blew me away, I thought it was way too expensive until I read more about it. This solar charger providers up to 12,000 milli amps. In case you don’t know what that means and you want the plain English explanation. It means that once you charge this thing either by USB cable or by sun, you can charge your mobile cell phone or gaps unit more than once. Up to 4 or more times. You see most portable solar chargers are able to charge your device about once or twice and then you have to recharge. I know this because of what the specs say about them and also I know what power my iphone has. I had purchased the iphone surge and realized it made for a better battery backup, but I could only charge about 2 times and then I had to charge again. I still love my surge, but I wish I could charge it, then charge it and again and again without having to run to my computer’s usb port. The best way when you are purchasing those smaller end solar power chargers is checking out the mAh. If you have a high capacity mAh, then you know that you can charge your mobile devices more often, most mobile devices are 1500 mah or more. Most of the solar chargers on the market do not actually provide that kind of power so you end up being upset. I hope this tip alone helps you decide, I will place the link to this retailer that offers this product.

The finally portable power kit for camping I will offer to you is the Base Camp Solar Kit. This powerful solar power kit is able to produce over 500 watts of power and can be added to or taken away. Let me explain further, inside of the package includes 4 solar panels, all 30 watts, 4 light a life lanterns, 1 inverter and 2x350 battery packs. You can choose to buy more solar panels or batteries or you may choose to take only what you need for your trip. Perfect for those who live crazy adventurous lives and want to take away and leave. With this kind power and lighting solution, you can have your entire base camp lit up and powered up. This is also extremely helpful in case of emergencies and families that have small children. You will be able to keep lamps on, warm food with the microwave and also have a portable dvd player plugged in to entertain children.

As you can see, there are many options for those seeking solar power for camping trips. From portable solar chargers to medium sized kits to full blown solar kits for entire camp site, portable power for camping is possible and an excellent way to prepare for any camping or adventure trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment